Elementary School Learning
At North Kitsap School District (NKSD), our elementary curriculum echoes our mantra, "All in for All Students." This principle drives our endeavor to develop our youngest learners into confident, curious, and creative individuals, prepared for a journey of lifelong learning. We embrace each student's unique potential, creating a secure, collaborative, and meaningful learning environment where every child's abilities and needs are recognized, valued, and nurtured.
Our devoted teachers, leaders, and staff, armed with effective, accountable, and culturally responsive teaching strategies, offer an inclusive early educational experience. Our approach, amplified by our robust partnerships with families and communities, enables us to push the boundaries of primary education and prepare our students academically, socially, and emotionally for their future growth. At NKSD, we've created a caring and respectful environment that encourages learning, exploration, and development, embodying our dedication to being "All in for All Students." We aim to ensure that each student is not just ready for a future yet to be imagined but is also inspired to shape that future with their passion and potential.
NKSD Pre-K curriculum promotes early literacy, numeracy, motor skills, socialization, emotional development, and creativity.
NKSD Kindergarten curriculum fosters literacy, numeracy, social skills, creativity, physical education, and science basics.
NKSD First Grade curriculum enhances literacy, math, science, social studies, arts, and physical education foundations.
NKSD's Second Grade expands deepens literacy, math exploration, science investigations, historical contexts, artistic expression, and physical agility.
Third Grade at NKSD deepens reading comprehension, introduces complex math, broadens science exploration, and enhances artistic expression
Fourth Grade at NKSD cultivates advanced literacy, math problem-solving, scientific inquiry, historical understanding, and creativity.
Fifth Grade at NKSD emphasizes critical reading, mathematical reasoning, scientific analysis, cultural awareness, and artistic refinement
- Policy 2402 - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2402P - English Language Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2403 - Math Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2403P - Math Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2404 - Science Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2404P - Science Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2405 - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2405P - Social Studies Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2406 - The Arts Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2407 - Health and Physical Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2408 - Integrated Environmental and Sustainability Education Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2409 - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Procedure 2409P - World Language Master-Based Credit
- Policy 2410 - High School Graduation Requirements
- Procedure 2410P - High School Graduation Requirements
- Policy 2411 - Certificate of Educational Competency
- Policy 2412 - Diplomas for Veterans
- Policy 2413 - Equivalency Credit Opportunities
- Policy 2414 - Community Service
- Policy 2418 - Waiver of High School Graduation Credits